Perkins Center for the Arts Conservatory of Music offers flute and recorder lessons at our Moorestown, NJ location. Lessons are available for students of all levels from beginner to advanced and for ages 5 to adult. Our faculty also offers in-home private lessons upon request throughout South Jersey.
About Perkins Center for the ArtsPerkins Center for the Arts is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality music and art education in South Jersey. The Conservatory of Music at Perkins Center for the Arts has been the premier provider of private and ensemble music instruction in the region since 1977. Programs support and expand the understanding and appreciation of classical and contemporary music by the greater community while employing and supporting professional musicians who preserve, teach and promote this work.
- Christine Dalsey Hansen – Dr. Hansen has earned music degrees from Temple University, the University of Delaware and Rutgers University and has performed professionally with several prestigious orchestras and symphonies.
- Beverly Pugh Corry – Ms. Pugh studied at the Paris Conservatory of Music, Academie International, Nice, France; Indiana University; and extensively with Marcel Moyse (widely considered as the best flute teacher in the world).
What You Can Expect as a Flute/Recorder Student at Perkins Center for the Arts
- Private and advanced group ensemble lessons are available.
- Lessons can be scheduled for 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Learn more HERE.
- Perkins Center members receive discounts on lessons
- Students learn flute and recorder through private instruction and a series of lesson books. Lessons are based on a student’s skill level.
- Students should provide their own flute or recorder and lesson books for lessons.
- We do not provide instruments for rental or home use, but can provide rental information.
- Students with special needs or requests are encouraged to speak to the program manager to discuss any accommodations needed during music instruction.