Flute and Recorder Lessons in South Jersey
Perkins Center for the Arts Conservatory of Music offers flute and recorder lessons at our Moorestown, NJ location. Lessons are available for students of all levels from beginner to advanced and for ages 5 to adult. Our faculty also offers in-home private lessons upon request throughout South Jersey.
About Perkins Center for the Arts
Perkins Center for the Arts is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality music and art education in South Jersey. The Conservatory of Music at Perkins Center for the Arts has been the premier provider of private and ensemble music instruction in the region since 1977. Programs support and expand the understanding and appreciation of classical and contemporary music by the greater community while employing and supporting professional musicians who preserve, teach and promote this work.
- Christine Dalsey Hansen – Dr. Hansen has earned music degrees from Temple University, the University of Delaware and Rutgers University and has performed professionally with several prestigious orchestras and symphonies.
- Beverly Pugh Corry – Ms. Pugh studied at the Paris Conservatory of Music, Academie International, Nice, France; Indiana University; and extensively with Marcel Moyse (widely considered as the best flute teacher in the world).
To learn more about Christine, Beverly and the rest of our faculty please click HERE.
What You Can Expect as a Flute/Recorder Student at Perkins Center for the Arts
- Private and advanced group ensemble lessons are available.
- Lessons can be scheduled for 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Learn more HERE.
- Perkins Center members receive discounts on lessons
- Students learn flute and recorder through private instruction and a series of lesson books. Lessons are based on a student’s skill level.
- Students should provide their own flute or recorder and lesson books for lessons.
- We do not provide instruments for rental or home use, but can provide rental information.
- Students with special needs or requests are encouraged to speak to the program manager to discuss any accommodations needed during music instruction.
Flute and Recorder Lessons Availability
Tuesday 1:00-9:30PM; Wednesday 3:30-8:30PM; Thursday 3:30-10PM.
Lessons are scheduled on a first come first served basis and times fill up fast! We book lessons in (4) 10 week quarters from September through June. Flexible scheduling is available during the summer session.
For more information about our Flute/Recorder program and to schedule lessons with our faculty, please call Monday – Friday at 856-235-6488 Ext 302.
“We absolutely LOVE Perkins and wouldn’t consider going anywhere else. Our instructors are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and patient. The environment fosters my child’s interest and talent in the arts and music”.
“What I like most is the fact that all the lessons/commitments are quarterly. This is especially important with a daughter as young as mine who may change her mind at any moment. Everyone is nice and friendly, always has a smile and looks genuinely happy to be there. The facilities are always clean, orderly, well plowed, etc. They still have character though, and don’t feel cold or sterile, simply professional and well kept”. –Evaluation Response