We at Perkins Center are committed partners to providing a healthy learning and teaching environment. We are receiving and reviewing daily updates from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the New Jersey Department of Health. We want you to know that the health and safety of all participants (parents, teachers, students, and all staff) is a priority in all of our programs at Perkins Center for the Arts.
PREVENTION: We will follow the guidelines provided by the New Jersey Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
At this time, the CDC recommends basic infection control and prevention measures such as, staying home when ill and practicing good respiratory and hand hygiene. Cleaning and disinfecting also serve an important part of the broad approach to preventing the spread of any infectious disease.
- NO ONE should attend Perkins Classes, lessons or programs with acute fever, and you must be fever-free for 24 hours, without the assistance of medication prior to returning.
- If you are exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms, please consider staying home.
- Please note that the best ways to prevent infection continue to be:
Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds but especially:
- Before you eat,
- After you handle money,
- After using any restroom,
- When you get home from wherever you’ve been.
- In addition:
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when ill and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and throw away tissues, and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
ON-SITE PREPARATIONS: While the Coronavirus (COVID-19) risk remains low at this time, Perkins Center for the Arts cannot ensure a virus-free environment. Perkins will make available copies of safety measures. Additionally, Perkins has ensured an increased number of hand sanitation stations in its facilities. Disposable, disinfectant wipes have been and will continue to be provided, as quantities allow.
Perkins Center for the Arts appreciates your cooperation throughout the continued assessment of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreaks and thanks you in advance for your partnership in creating the best healthy learning and teaching environment possible for all.