Perkins Center for the Arts Conservatory of Music offers percussion and drum lessons at our 2 locations in Moorestown and Collingswood, NJ. Lessons are available for students of all levels from beginner to advanced and for ages 5 to adult. Our faculty also offers in home private lessons upon request throughout South Jersey.
About Perkins Center for the Arts
Perkins Center for the Arts is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality music and art education in South Jersey. The Conservatory of Music at Perkins Center for the Arts has been the premier provider of private and ensemble music instruction in the region since 1977. Programs support and expand the understanding and appreciation of classical and contemporary music by the greater community while employing and supporting professional musicians who preserve, teach and promote this work.
George Bittner – George is an accomplished percussionist who works as a private instructor and performer. To learn more about George and the rest of our faculty please click HERE.
What You Can Expect as a Percussion Student at Perkins Center
- Because percussion is so varied, we offer lessons that focus on a variety of styles based on our student’s needs. They include:
- Rock, Jazz, and Pop Drumming on Drum Set
- Xylophone, Bells, and Auxiliary Percussion.
- Other styles available upon request.
- Private and group lessons are available.
- Lessons can be scheduled for 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Learn more HERE.
- Perkins Center members receive discounts on lessons
- Students learn percussion through a series of lesson books as well as learning improvisation and drumming techniques. Lessons are based on a student’s skill level.
- A drum set and percussion instruments are available for use during lessons at both facilities. We do not provide instruments for rental or home use, but can provide rental information.
- Students should provide their own drum sticks or mallets and lesson books for lessons.
- Students with special needs or requests are encouraged to speak to the program manager to discuss any accommodations needed during music instruction.
Percussion Lessons Availability
Monday 10AM-10PM; Tuesday 10AM-10PM and Thursday 10AM-10PM.
Lessons are scheduled on a first come first served basis and times fill up fast! We book lessons in (4) 10 week quarters from September through June. Flexible scheduling is available during the summer session.
For more information about our Percussion program and to schedule lessons with our faculty, please call Monday – Friday at 856-235-6488
“We absolutely LOVE Perkins and wouldn’t consider going anywhere else. Our instructors are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and patient. The environment fosters my child’s interest and talent in the arts and music”.
“Our boys love their teachers. THAT matters most to us. THAT is what makes them want to practice (when they do practice :/) and keep taking lessons. We also totally love coming to Perkins—it’s such a great space. While the boys have lessons, I love sitting there seeing/hearing people come in for their lessons (kids, adults, so many instruments, etc.)” –Evaluation Response