Perkins is staying up-to-date and following New Jersey State and CDC Issued guidelines for operation during COVID-19. Click below to find out how we are managing onsite programming to keep staff and students safe. We wish our community continued health and if you have questions, please call 856.235.6488.
Perkins Center will implement the following prevention and mitigation strategies to slow and limit COVID-19 exposure and spread:
1. General policies and procedures- Perkins will communicate and educate staff, parents, and students in COVID-19 safety measures including:
- Staying home when ill
- Proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Wearing face coverings
- Avoiding touching your face as much as possible
- Reporting illnesses and symptoms to the Director of Education
2. Entering the Space- Students entering our buildings must be wearing a face mask and will have their temperatures taken with a touch less thermometer at the building point of entry. If an individual has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will not be permitted to attend for 24 hours.
3. We ask that parents wait for their students outside in their cars during conservatory lessons.
4. Perkins has restricted all group events, gatherings, and meetings where social distancing of at least six (6) feet between people cannot be maintained. Class sizes are capped at 8 people or less depending on the studio capacity. Studio floor plans have been designed to accommodate appropriate spacing between work areas and students.
5. Staff and students shall, at minimum, wear cloth face coverings at all times while indoors and outdoors when six (6) feet social distancing can not be accommodated.
6. Hand wash and hand sanitizer stations will be provided in numerous areas around the building.
7. Perkins has enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures using EPA approved disinfectants and following CDC guidance. Regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces will be performed regularly throughout the day by staff and instructors.
8. Materials- Perkins discourages the sharing of items that are difficult to clean, sanitize, or disinfect. Adult Students MUST bring their own tools. (Pottery tool kits are available for purchase for $14) Youth students will receive a kit of materials that will be used solely while they are at Perkins. This kit includes pencils, erasers, scissors, a glue stick, markers, colored pencils, crayons, watercolor set and small paintbrushes.
9. Common Areas- Perkins has instituted infection control procedures for areas around our buildings, including entrances, restrooms, and other areas prone to congregation. Perkins has dedicated specific entrance and exit doors to be used in each of our buildings. They are clearly marked with signage.
10. Food will not be served on the premises.
11. Bathrooms and high-touch surfaces will be cleaned multiple times throughout the day by Perkins staff in addition to contracted evening cleanings.
12. Perkins will limit on-site visits by non-essential visitors and volunteers.
- Visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings while visiting the facility unless doing so would inhibit the individual’s health. If a visitor refuses to a wear a cloth face covering for non-medical reasons at the point of entry, Perkins reserves the right to decline entry.
- Perkins has restricted all group events, gatherings, and meetings where social distancing of at least 6 feet between people cannot be maintained. Class sizes are capped at 8 people or less depending on the studio capacity. Studio floor plans have been designed to accommodate appropriate spacing between work areas and students.
13. Illness- If an individual exhibits signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath) while on-site, Perkins will immediately separate the ill person from the well people until the ill person can leave the building.
14. If Perkins becomes aware that an individual tests positive for COVID-19, Perkins will immediately notify the Department of Health, local health officials, staff, students, and instructors of a confirmed case while maintaining confidentiality. Close contacts and/or sick staff members or students that have had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis or exposure should not return to Perkins until they have met CDC criteria to discontinue home isolation.
15. Closures- If Perkins Center needs to close the center for any reason, students will be given prorated credits for cancelled classes. We can not offer refunds at this time.
To view/download a pdf version of our COVID Guidelines, click HERE.