For the 8th year, PNC has invested in the arts community in the Greater Philadelphia Area and Perkins Center for the Arts is honored to be a part of the PNC Arts Alive Year 7 Portfolio.
$35,000 in support from PNC Arts Alive is supporting a full year of arts programming focused on eliminating barriers to the arts through the Social Artworking Program presented by Perkins Center. Social Artworking will target and attract youth and family audiences living in and around Collingswood, Camden and Moorestown, NJ. Continuous free and low-cost programs presented in outdoor, public, and welcoming settings.
Support from PNC Arts Alive is allowing for the continuation and expansion of the Social Artworking Series. Since 1977 Perkins Center has endeavored to enrich lives and inspire learning, collaboration, interdisciplinary & intercultural experiences through the arts. Perkins Center’s programs have been far-reaching across Burlington & Camden Counties with a 30 year special focus on Camden. PNC’s partnership will ensure the continuity of efforts in eliminating financial barriers to the arts while growing South Jersey’s arts audience by nurturing the connection between one’s interest in art and the activity of experiencing, creating and being a part of art.
- Free concert series in Collingswood and Moorestown presented in outdoor, celebratory, picnic-like settings;
- Free Summer Arts & Eco Camp tuition and transportation for Camden youth, a full-day multi-week program at Perkins Center, Moorestown. The poorest and most dangerous city in the nation, Camden’s youth are in need of safe and engaging summer experiences;
- Free “summer creation stations” during the Collingswood Farmers’ Market will engage the diverse multi-generational audience in attendance while developing direct connections to the artwork on view in Perkins Center’s gallery.
- In response to an arts community discussion in partnership with Sustainable Moorestown, a free artist open studio tour on October 22, 2016 will be a community wide event connecting artists and/or musicians living in the Moorestown area to those who are interested in meeting the artists living and creating in their neighborhood and at Perkins Center.
- Free “Lunch and Learn” monthly series on the first Thursday of each month from October-June featuring culturally focused lectures, demonstrations, performances, etc… designed to connect with and introduce opportunities to those with an interest in learning more about the cultural connections, creators and opportunities existing in South Jersey.
Visit the Events Calendar to see the upcoming Social Artworking events. Text: PERKINSARTS to 22828 to sign up for our email list and be the first to know about this and all of Perkins Center’s programs & events.
These acts of Social Artworking are all made possible because of the support of PNC Arts Alive, Be Part of Art.
We can’t wait to be Social Artworking with you. Tag Perkins Center (@perkinscenter) #LocallyProducedArt on instagram for a chance for your photos to be featured in our print catalog. And follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube to be a part of the Social Artworking conversation.