Green STEAM – STEM, the Arts, and Sustainability
April 29 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The New Jersey School Boards Association, in conjunction with the Perkins Center for the Arts and the New Jersey Arts Education Partnership, present Green STEAM – STEM, the Arts, and Sustainability, an interactive workshop that places board members, administrators and teachers in the roles of designers, artists and engineers. This hands-on and highly interactive training opportunity will focus on implementing the arts and sustainability in STEM subject areas.
This training will blend STEAM content areas and bring participants from different roles within the school district together for a collaborative design experience in a studio art environment. Attendees will learn ways to increase student creativity, imagination and innovation in their districts.
- Understand how Integrative STEAM can engage students, impact student achievement, and help students to develop workplace readiness skills.
- Learn about ways to apply a team approach, including board members, school administrator, and teachers, to improve STEAM education in schools at any grade level.
- Participate in hands-on activities that will explore themes related to water conservation, and learn about a local elementary school that constructed a rain garden to learn about water conservation.
- Experience the collaborative nature of Integrative STEAM learning.
- Explore the common obstacles to integrative STEAM learning and learn how to successfully overcome the challenges.
- Professional artists will guide participants through the creation of a mosaic mural making process.