- Paul A. Canton III, President | Vice President, Canton Custom Homes
- Richard P. Crane, Jr. Vice-President | Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Arnouse Digital Devices, Corp.
- Bryan Rowland, Treasurer| General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Checkpoint Systems, Inc.
- Melissa S. Blanton, Secretary | Partner, Schnader Harrison Segal and Lewis LLP
- Vedra Chandler | Senior Director of Programming, The Neighborhood Center
- Sharla Franco Floyd | President, The Floyd Group
- Sue Kim | Attorney
- Christine Lee | Entrepreneur
- Amy Leis | Financial Advisor, Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
- Barry Moore | Actor, Writer, Director & Teacher
- Judite Morais | Special Events Consultant
- Matthew J. Simeone | President, Riverton Partners
- Frank James Staneck | Musician, Composer & Teacher
- Lisa Trakis | Photographer, Lisa Trakis Photography
- Karen Chigounis | Executive Director, Perkins Center for the Arts
Perkins Center for the Arts is honored to share the news of Board President, Melissa Blanton being awarded The Arts and Business Council of Great Philadelphia Business on Board Volunteer Leader of the Year in 2013.
Melissa Blanton is a Partner at the law firm of Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, where she currently serves as both the Vice Chair of the firm’s Corporate and Finance Practice Groups and is an active member of its Real Estate Practice Group. As a part of Schnader’s commitment to community service and the professional development of its attorneys, the firm enrolled Blanton in the Arts & Business Council’s Business on Board program in 2007. As part of the leadership development training, Blanton had the opportunity to observe the Board of Trustees for Perkins Center for the Arts, a regional arts center serving a constituency in southern New Jersey. The rest is history. Since joining Perkins Center as a Trustee in 2008, Blanton, currently the Board’s President, has focused on the implementation of a long term strategy to expand the role of the Board and to revitalize Board culture, resulting in the emergence of a Board full of energy, passionate about the organization’s mission, and fully engaged in committee work and special events planning.
The Business on Board Volunteer Leader of the Year award is presented to an individual having gone above and beyond in the Arts & Business Council’s Business on Board program, serving their arts organization with both skill and dedication. Having risen through the ranks of the Perkins Center – her fundraising contributions generating roughly $20,000 in annual revenue – Melissa Blanton exemplifies outstanding board service, and perpetuates the mission of her nonprofit organization.