Locally Produced Art
Perkins Center for the Arts strives to enrich lives, inspire learning, collaboration, interdisciplinary & intercultural experiences through the arts with programs and services which include; a conservatory of music; visual & performing arts classes; exhibitions; concerts; artist-led school residency programs; a scholarship and fee-based camp for urban and suburban youth; folk life center; and community enrichment projects throughout South Jersey.
Perkins Center for the Arts is recognized by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts as a Major Presenting Organization for free and fee-based arts programs that promote participation, understanding, and communication among diverse audiences. Perkins Center has a 14 member board of trustees and a staff of 13. Since its 1977 incorporation in Moorestown, Perkins Center has become a regional arts center presenting programs that support and expand relationships with artists, students, members and audiences in Burlington, Camden, Gloucester Counties and the greater Delaware Valley region. The Center’s original location in Moorestown is housed in a historic 1910 Tudor home and carriage house and in 2002, the Center expanded to a second facility in Collingswood, NJ. This location has enabled us to expand our programs and reach new audiences in Camden County.
Perkins Center for the Arts provides authentic arts experiences that enrich and inspire.
Through exposure and education in the arts Perkins Center will transform lives and change communities.
- we value an environment that supports the arts as essential to our humanity.
- we value the joy, challenge and opportunity inherent in visual, performing and literary arts.
- we value the imagination, knowledge and discipline of art making.
- we value artists by offering low cost work space, exhibition and performance opportunities, employment and professional development.
- we value preserving and stewarding our creative, environmental and historic resources.
- we value a culture of integrity, respect, teamwork, humor, service and excellence.